-->

2015년 10월 23일 금요일

Mid term exam

Self efficacy is the most applicable to my future English learning and teaching. The reason is I have learned that it really effects on people’s learning ability. For example, we all know that children are growing and learning by parents’ praises when learning a first language. If parents do not give compliments to their children, their learning will be slow and not survival so it is really important for human to have self efficacy. Moreover, many famous and influential people had a speech about self efficacy, they look in a mirror and says ‘You can do it’ or  ‘You are beautiful’ and give themselves positive thoughts everyday. To give an example, Albert Bandura who is famously known in social learning theory as a canadian psychologist said ‘Self-belief does not necessarily ensure success, but self-disbelief assuredly spawns failure.’ I always try to have positive mind but it is really hard when I have low self efficacy. In my learning experiences, when I was in primary school I do not have good memories with teachers when it comes to study or school test results in Korea because I was not good at study and teachers were always angry or praise only intelligent students that made me a very introvert child. My Korean teachers were not kind and also were very scary and so at that time, I was blaming myself for bad test results and why I can not study well. Because my home education environment was not really focusing on study so I did not know how to or why I should study. But this year as I have been learning about education in TESOL, my school memories and my parents’ parenting memories were keep popping up and naturally I compared to my experiences. Then I was realized that it was stupid to blame myself when I was a primary student. I do not understand why scary people are becoming teachers especially in kindergartens and elementary schools, I know some students need punishment for good study environment but teachers who do not give students self efficacy but only give low self-esteem must not be a teacher. The reason I wanted to be teacher was one of this bad experience, I wanted to be a teacher who is kind and looks like a person who listens well to students and not ignore, gives self efficacy to my own students. I do not mean that every teachers have to be only nice and angelic, I just do not want children are getting hurt by their own teacher who should be a mentor and a second parent. Many people are finding their own inspired or good teacher from graduate schools after they are grown up and I really envy that because I don’t have a teacher to visit. If I become a teacher, I really want to help students to have positive thinking and self efficacy.


I definitely interested in learning more about  motivation, self efficacy and reducing affective filter in classroom during the second half of the certificate program. I want to learn how to motivate and make students participate themselves. Because only few fixed students are always participate, I want to see all students are participating enjoyably in classroom. So that when students have to present a speech or give presentation, they will not get nervous and reduce presentation anxiety. Then through that students are slowly getting confident themselves. Also I want to learn how to encourage students’ different learning styles without bothering others.
In Korea, learning grammar is essential, so I want to know how to teach grammar easily, Korean students memorize grammar and this memorize method is not good because they can not use differently especially in speaking. So without this, I want to know  grammar teaching method.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기